Duration: This course runs over 6 hours spread over a single day. Please book on by 21 January.
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for everyone but has been designed to primarily help section leaders and assistant section leaders to complete the requirements of Module 10 First Response. It will include both theoretical and practical elements of the training module.
- Principles of first aid and initial response (arriving and managing an incident)
- Initial response to a first aid situation
- Management of an unconscious casualty (child or adult)
- CPR, including technique for children and an explanation of what AED is and how to use it
- Fractures (ambulance imminent and non-imminent) and sprains
- Head injuries
- Dental incidents
- Heart Attack
- Sepsis / Meningitis
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded a First Response Certificate. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement.
The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
A maximum of 10 leaders can be accommodated on this course.
What to Wear/bring with you
Comfortable clothing, Scout Necker, Packed Lunch and Face covering