Camping at QCW
Looking for a quiet and secluded place to camp? Queen Charlotte’s Wood has 11 distinct and beautiful pitches to choose from. Located between the quiet backroads of Frodsham and Alvanley and not far from the Sandstone Trail, it is a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. There is space for about 150 campers on site at any one time while still preserving the site’s unique ‘magic’.
Not sure on exact numbers? Give us an approximate number, pay a deposit and we can update your booking nearer the time!
Please note. We will always do our best to give you your preferred pitch but this may not always be possible due to ground conditions etc.
Fees for 2021: Mersey Weaver Scouts/Guides Other Charitable Organisations Schools & Councils Camping
(per person per night)
£3.50 £4.50 £5.50 £6.00
Looking for indoor accommodation on site? Check out The Hideaway
Day Visitor (Yellow/Green) 🟡🟢
Fees for 2020: Mersey Weaver Scouts/Guides Other Charitable Organisations (per person per day) £0 £1.50 £1.50
A Lavvu is a dwelling used by the Sami people of northern Scandinavia. If you’re looking for something different, then why not leave the tents at home and try out our take on a Finnish Lavvu? Just bring a pan, insulating mat and a sleeping bag! The shelter sleeps up to 5/6 Scouts.
The Laavu was constructed in June 2019 in recognition of the service of ex-campsite manager Ian Nicholas.
Fees for 2021: Mersey Weaver Scouts/Guides Other Charitable Organisations Schools & Councils Per person per night £4 £5 £6 £6.75
MW Evening Visitor (Yellow/Green) 🟡🟢
We welcome Mersey Weaver groups and units to use the site for evening activities free of charge during the week.
MW QCW Visit (Amber) 🟠
During Amber and Yellow phase to support groups get back to face to face Scouting, we welcome Mersey Weaver groups and units to use the site for weekend visits & evening activities free of charge. In the interests of keeping everyone safe the following restrictions are in place:
- The max group size is 15 young people and 5 adults.
- The max number of groups on site at any one time will be three groups of 20 people (including adults) with staggered arrival & departure times.
- There is a 30 minute buffer between bookings.
- The site has been made “COVID”, safe with hand sanitising stations, signage and access to toilets.
- Each group will be allocated a specific area of the site with at least 25m of separation as per the Scout Association guidance.
- Each group will be allocated a specific toilet.
- You must remain on your allocated activity zone and use your allocated toilet even if you are the only group on site.
- Additional restrictions and requirements are in place please ensure you thoroughly read our Amber Framework document, Risk Assessment and COVID Code of conduct.
- Groups/Sections/Units are also required to have their own Risk Assessment approved to use the site by their Getting Back together Safely Liaison.
We are unable to accept groups from outside Mersey Weaver but look forward to welcoming you back for camping/day visits in the Yellow Readiness Level.
QCW Campfire Circle
QCW Hideaway 25 Years badge – Limited Edition
Why not complete the visit by purchasing everyone a Limited Edition QCW Hideaway 25 Years souvenir badge? Perfect for adding to a campfire blanket!
Queen Charlotte’s Wood Badge
Why not complete the visit by purchasing everyone a QCW souvenir badge? Perfect for adding to a campfire blanket!
The Bothy is a large wooden building suitable for use as a base or office. There is electricity and heating inside of the building.
N.B. The building is not suitable for sleeping.
Fees for 2021: Mersey Weaver Scouts/Guides Other Charitable Organisations Schools & Councils (per night) £10.00 £25 £40 £50
Looking for a comfortable place to stay for a Beaver Sleepover or Pack Holiday? The Hideaway is a wonderfully secluded log cabin with space for up to 30 people located in the grounds of our beautiful Queen Charlotte’s Wood Activity Centre.
Fees for 2021: Mersey Weaver Scouts/Guides Other Charitable Organisations Schools & Councils Per night (min two) £145 £155 £170 £200
An idyllic outdoor retreat! Camping and Indoor accommodation available in 9 acres of undulating woodland.