The District own a mobile climbing wall which is suitable for young people and adults. The wall is available for evening hire by Mersey Weaver groups only. Included in the hire cost are enough harnesses, helmets, ropes and carabiners for 18 people.
We can provide delivery of the wall (subject to availability) or hirers can arrange to collect and return the wall subject to the following conditions:
- The climbing wall is on a braked trailer weighing 2000Kgs and your vehicle will need to be suitable to tow such a weight.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring all statutory and legal requirements are met by those collecting/returning the vehicle. In particular you will be asked to confirm that they have the correct driving licence endorsements and insurance for trailer towing.
- Hirer/Staff will need to have completed training by qualified district personnel for the raising and lowering of the wall.
Site Equipment Requirements for wall operation
- The wall footprint including area for safety reasons is 10 metres by 10 metres
- A shelter – gazebo or dining shelter for shelter for those waiting to climb
- 2 chairs and 2 tables (our equipment e.g. helmets/harnesses must not be left on the ground)
- First Aid Kit
For enquires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For climbing advice or assistance finding a permit holder please contact our Climbing ASU Manager Rick Wakefield