There are many opportunities for activities both on and offsite. Hiking in Frodsham/Helsby Hills, Delamere forest, Sandstone trail. Climbing and Bouldering on the crags on Frodsham and Helsby Hills. High ropes at GoApe in Delamere forest, water activities on the River Weaver and Manley Mere. As well as visits to the Mouldsworth Motor Museum, the Blue Planet Aquarium, Ellesmere Port Boat museum, Catalyst Museum in Widnes, FabLab in Ellesmere Port and many more. The nearest public transport (Helsby or Frodsham Station) are about two miles away and there large are supermarkets in both Frodsham and Helsby.
- Den Building
- Wide Games
Facilities at Queen Charlotte’s Wood
- Pioneering Poles are available but must be replaced in the racks after use.
- Toilets and Showers for campers are available at the southern end of The Hideaway
- The Camp Chapel is available for Scout’s Own and similar services. Please respect this tranquil spot.
- Laavu camping shelter
- Archery Range
- Mobile Climbing Wall
- Pizza Oven & Outdoor Kitchen
- Campfire Circles. The main circle is situated behind The Hideaway. There is a smaller circle at the western end of the Site between Badger’s Rake and the Alders.
- Camp Blanket Badges. These can be purchased from the Duty Warden. See design on site map.
Facilities in the Surrounding Area
- Climbing and Abseiling on crags in Helsby and Frodsham.
- Sandstone Trail can be picked up on the Ridgeway next to the caravan park.
- Delamere Forest. There are cycling and walking trails and a visitor’s centre
- Adventure Trail at Manley Mere
- High Ropes/Kayaking/Bushcraft at Round Ponds Adventure
- Canoeing and Sailing at Chester steps, Manley Mere and River Weaver.
- Windsurfing/Sailing/Water Inflatables at Manley Mere.