- This event has passed.
Cub Sixer and Seconder Outdoor Experience
July 11 @ 8:30 am - 6:00 pmFree
This event is an outdoor experience for Cubs over nine and a half years of age to learn and practice some of the skills used in Scouts. It is a great chance to mix with Cubs from other groups in the District and have fun!
It will be an action packed event full of activities such as:
- fire lighting
- backwoods cooking
- shelter building
- erecting tents
- first aid
We are offering two sessions on Sunday 11th July. Please ensure you book your young person onto just one session and adhere to the drop-off/pickup window as detailed below.
|Earliest Dropoff||Activity Time||Latest Pickup|
|Morning||08:30||08:45 – 12:45||13:00|
|Afternoon||13:30||13:45 – 17:45||18:00|
- A risk assessment has been conducted and approved by the County Team
- We will be ensuring strict physical 2m distancing
- There will be strict staggered arrival and departure times
- There is a one way system in operation in the car park. Parents must enter via the top gate (at the top of the ridgeway) and exit via the bottom gate (what would normally be the main entrance).
- Ideally parents should remain in their vehicle during drop off and pickup
- There will be mandatory hand sanitising on arrival, departure and between activities
- Zoned areas to limit congestion around the site and reduce contact.
- Cleaning protocols for equipment and toilets will be in place
- Sharing transport is discouraged and families are asked to make their own way to QCW. If using taxi’s/public transport, please wear a face covering and ensure good hand hygiene.
- Contact details captured during booking process will be retained for at least 21 days to aid with track and trace if required by Public Health England.
- Young people with additional needs are welcome on the activity sessions. Please let us know of any relevant additional needs when you book on. Carers for young people with complex needs who require one to one care are also welcome but also need to book on separately for track and trace.
Young people must not attend if:
- They have been in contact with any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID- 19 in the last 14 days.
- Been instructed to isolate by UK government Covid-19 tracing service
- Have signs of a fever or elevated temperature.
- Have a new or persistent cough.
- Experiencing any new respiratory issues.
- Experienced a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell.
- Are required to quarantine after returning from abroad.
What to wear/bring
- Please come wearing suitable outdoor clothing, strong shoes, waterproofs and a Scout Necker.
- A lightweight backpack containing:
- a labelled water bottle containing water or juice
- a bagel cut in half with cheese, tomato sauce and other pizza toppings on, wrapped in foil for pizza bagels
- some marshmallows and digestive biscuits wrapped in foil for s’mores
- a travel mug for hot chocolate
- Please either print your e-ticket or send it to your young persons’ phone if they have one for contactless check-in
- Adult participants must also bring with them a face covering.
Note: Cubs will not necessarily be supervised by their own Cub Leader, it may be a leader from another group.