- This event has passed.
District 2018 Explorer Shooting Competition
29th September 2018 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm£6
All equipment will be supplied by the Mersey Weaver Target Sports ASU, so everyone will be on a level playing field.
Shooting will take place from 6 yard line. Each team (shooter) will shoot in competition:
- PCP rifle – two 5 Bull target, 1 shots at each bull.
- Spring loading rifle – two 5 Bull target, 1 shots at each bull
The top 3 scores of the team for each rifle type will count towards the team score.
Full details of the completion can be downloaded form this link: Explorer Shooting Competition 2018
The teams are to be made up of 6 Explorers from each ESU or Young Leader Unit. The age requirements on the team are that:
- all participants must be an invested member of a Mersey Weaver Explorer Unit or registered with the MW District Young Leader Unit, and
- all participants must be at least 14 years old and under 18 years old.
- All competitors must bring a completed signed Permission to Shoot form, this is a legal requirement. Click this link to down the form: MWD ESU Shooting Comp 2018.
- Top scoring team
- Top scoring individual (all ages)
- Top scoring individual (16 or over)
- Top scoring individual (under 16)
All team members will receive a Mersey Weaver District Certificate of Participation which can be used as proof of completion of part of the Master-at-Arms badge requirements.
Selection of District Team for County Inter-District Shooting Competition
The top shooters will be invited to the October practice sessions from which the District team for the Cheshire District Shooting Competition will be selected. However, a number of places on the practice sessions will also be open to any Scout or Explorer on a first come-first-serve basis.
The Cheshire inter-district competition which will be held on the 17th November 2018 at Milldale Camp Site.