- This event has passed.
Mersey Weaver #BigThankyou
September 26 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pmSee below for pricing
We are so proud of the work all our volunteers have carried out over the last 18 months and we want to be able to say thank you by inviting all volunteers in Mersey Weaver to a celebratory event at Queen Charlotte’s Wood. The event will be a fairly relaxed afternoon with an awards presentation, Hog Roast, Campfire, Croquet, Axe Throwing and the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful campsite with Scouting friends.
The aim of the event is twofold to thank our volunteers who have worked so incredibly hard during the pandemic with a social event and to celebrate our local award recipients of 2019/20/21.
The core event will run from 13:00 – 17:30. With the awards ceremony taking place at 14:00.
Please RSVP by 19 September so we can ensure there is adequate catering and have a record of attendance for track and trace. We will scan your QR Code as you arrive.
Queen Charlotte’s Wood
Queen Charlotte’s Wood is a extremely well loved resource in the district. It has enabled 1000’s of young people to have what have often been described as ‘Magical’ camping and residential opportunities and we are extremely lucky to have it thanks to the work of some extremely hardworking volunteers.
If you would like to make either a one time or reoccurring donation to either QCW, any of our other causes/projects or Mersey Weaver Scouts in general you can do that here
Who Can Attend?
The event is open to all award recipients, leaders, managers, exec members, supporters in Mersey Weaver and select guests from out side the district. Due to the size of the campsite there will be a limit of ~150 on site.
There is an option below to make a donation towards the cost of the event as some people have asked if they could so, however there is no obligation for anyone to do this. The suggested donation of £5 (plus a booking fee) covers the cost of the food and a glass of Pimms but feel free to give as much or as little as you like.
What To Wear/Bring
If you hold a uniformed role please wear your uniform and necker. Otherwise the event is smart-casual.
Depending on the weather it may be advisable to bring a waterproof coat and/or an umbrella.
- This will primarily be an outdoor event
- When indoors, please keep distanced between households where possible and wear a face covering
- It would be helpful for us if you would optionally complete a lateral flow test at home before attending
Please DO NOT attend if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You have any of these 3 symptoms of COVID-19, even if they are mild
- An elevated temperature.
- A new, continuous cough.
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
- You’ve tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive; unless:
- you’re fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS
- you’re under 18 years, 6 months old
- you’re taking part or have taken part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial
- you’re not able to get vaccinated for medical reason
- You’ve been told to self-isolate following contact with someone who tested positive
- You are required to quarantine after returning from abroad
There is extremely limited parking on site. Please wherever possible consider car sharing or if you can walk from Forest Hills