As you may know, the Mersey Weaver Youth Shape Team have been leading the way with a mental health and wellbeing initiative to enable all our members to be aware of the importance mental health and ways in which we could have fun along the way.
Part of this initiative is to hold an annual event to bring young people in Mersey Weaver together, connect with each other, take notice of the challenges of the last two years, give back to the community, learn new skills and be active outdoors.
Earlier this year, we asked you to hold the dates for 9 & 10 July and now we are pleased to announce that bookings for our Wellbeing Weekend are officially open!
The event will celebrate those who have completed the 365 Steps of Wellbeing challenge, as well as help kick start the challenge for those who haven’t yet been able to start it. We would encourage all young people and adults no matter how far they are through their award to come along and celebrate with us. The 365 Days to complete the challenge start, the day you start!
- Squirrels and Beavers are invited to attend from 10:00 – 17:00 on the 9 July
- Explorers are invited to attend from 10:00 – 17:00 on the 9 July
- Cubs and Scouts are invited to attend from 10:00 – 17:00 on the 10 July
Activities for will take place outdoors and include:
- Sensory Trail
- Crate Stacking
- Assault course
- Can system
- Nerf Target Sprint
- Drumming Workshop
- Connect Café
- Crafts (Pyrography, etc)
Staggered Arrivals and Pick-Ups
To ease congestion, we ask that you please where possible follow the below arrival and pick up times. There is a strict one way system in place and you should enter via the top gate and exit via the bottom gate.
Please note that on Sunday, The A55 into Helsby from Frodsham will be closed so please allow extra time to get there or go via the backroads.
|Arrival Time||Pick Up Time||Saturday||Sunday|
|9:45 – 9:55||17:00 – 17:10||Squirrels & Explorers||Cubs|
|9:55 – 10:05||17:10 – 17:25||Beavers||Scouts|
On arrival, please follow the instructions of the Car Park marshals and walk down the ramp and check in. Once checked in you will be given more information about the day and put into your teams.
- Please note that there will be a one-way system in place; in through the top gate and out from main gate.
- Please car share where possible to reduce congestion.
- Drop and go, parents please don’t hang around
What to bring:
- Necker (No need for uniform)
- Suitable footwear (Approach shoes)
- Waterproofs (in bag)
- Water bottle
- Packed Lunch
- Any Medication (if required; please make aware the leader in charge of this)
- Small amount of money to buy cakes etc from our World Scout Jamboree contingent (Optional)