What does the course consist of?
- Training in the skills required to drive a minibus
- A thorough knowledge of the legal responsibilities of a minibus driver and duty of care
- Department for Transport codes of practice in safe carriage of passengers
- Good practice in passenger comfort
- Health and Safety at work for Drivers
- Manoeuvring of vehicles
- Defensive Driving techniques
At the end of this session, candidates sit a written test paper, consisting of 20 questions, the answers to which will be contained in the training session, and in the minibus drivers handbook provided to each candidate.
Candidates must answer a minimum of 18 questions correctly, before they proceed to the driving assessment, and may only re-sit the examination once.