- This event has passed.
Super Sunday #3 🦸♂️
For our third instalment of Super Sunday, we plan on offering a range of water activities that might include sailing, kayaking, canadian canoeing and stand up paddle boarding to Cubs, Scouts and Explorers. Due to the limited time on the water and permit holders there may only be time to try one of these activities, young people will be assigned an activity after booking.
We are offering different sessions and timings for different age groups. Please ensure you book your young person onto the correct session and adhere to the drop-off/pickup window as detailed below. Please ensure you check you receive a confirmation email after booking on. We do not have capacity for people to turn up on the day.
|Earliest Dropoff||Activity Time||Latest Pickup|
|Explorers||09:45||10:00 – 12:00||12:15|
|Cubs||12:45||13:00 – 15:00||15:15|
|Scouts||15:30||15:45 – 17:45||18:00|
- A risk assessment has been conducted and approved by the County Team
- We will be ensuring strict physical 2m distancing
- There will be strict staggered arrival and departure times
- There is a one way system in operation in the car park.
- Ideally parents should remain in their vehicle during drop off and pickup
- There will be mandatory Hand Sanitising on arrival, departure and between activities
- Cleaning protocols for equipment and toilets will be in place
- Sharing transport is discouraged and families are asked to make their own way to the sailing club. If using taxi’s/public transport, please wear a face covering and ensure good hand hygiene.
- Contact details captured during booking process will be retained for at least 21 days to aid with track and trace if required by Public Health England.
- Young people with additional needs are welcome on the activity sessions. Please let us know of any relevant additional needs when you book on. Carers for young people with complex needs who require one to one care are also welcome but also need to book on separately for track and trace.
Young people must not attend if:
- They have been in contact with any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID- 19 in the last 14 days.
- Been instructed to isolate by UK government Covid-19 tracing service
- Have signs of a fever or elevated temperature.
- Have a new or persistent cough.
- Experiencing any new respiratory issues.
- Experienced a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell.
- Are required to quarantine after returning from abroad.
What to wear/bring
- Please arrive wearing suitable clothing to wear on the water this could include:
- A wetsuit (if you have one) as well as a waterproof/wind proof jacket or;
- Synthetic shorts, base layer top, micro fleece as well as a waterproof/wind proof jacket.
- Old trainers/wet shoes/neoprene boots. Crocs, wellies and walking boots are not suitable.
- Suncream of at least factor 20 just in case it is Sunny. Please apply before arriving.
- We are not intending that anyone will fall in but please bring a change of warm clothes in a small rucksack just incase.
- If they need spectacles they will need a strap to secure them.
- Please ensure any cuts are securely covered by a waterproof plaster.
- Please bring your own labelled water bottle if you think you might need a drink as well as a snack.
- Please either print your e-ticket or send it to your young persons’ phone if they have one for contactless check-in
- Scout, Explorer and adult participants must also bring with them a face covering and it would be useful to have a miniature bottle of hand sanitiser on their person as well.
Drop off and pickup
- Please ensure your young person has gone to the toilet prior to drop off as there will be limited toilet facilities.
- Drop off and pickup is strictly drop off and go.
- Young people will need dropping off by the industrial estate via Mill Lane (by Kids planet/Gleaves).
- Mill lane is a one way road, please enter on on the south west end just after the bridge that goes over the River Weaver and exit at the end closest to the swing bridge.
- Further instructions will be sent the day before.