- This event has passed.
Super Sunday #2 🦸♂️
Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers from all groups and units in Mersey Weaver but especially those who have not been able to return to face to face activities yet, are invited to join us at for a fantastic day in the great outdoors.
We’ll hoping to offer a few different types of age appropriate activities to get young people safely enjoying the outdoors that might include:
- Bungee Run
- Crate Stacking
- Nature Trail
- Zip line
We are offering different sessions and timings for different age groups. Please ensure you book your young person onto the correct session and adhere to the drop-off/pickup window as detailed below. Young people should only attend either a Saturday or Sunday, not both.
|Earliest Dropoff||Activity Time||Latest Pickup|
|Scouts||08:45||09:00 – 11:00||11:15|
|Beavers||11:30||11:45 – 13:45||14:00|
|Cubs||14:30||14:45 – 16:45||17:00|
- A risk assessment has been conducted and approved by the County Team
- We will be ensuring strict physical 2m distancing
- There will be strict staggered arrival and departure times
- There is a one way system in operation in the car park. Parents must enter via the top gate (at the top of the ridgeway) and exit via the bottom gate (what would normally be the main entrance).
- Ideally parents should remain in their vehicle during drop off and pickup for Cubs and Scouts
- There will be mandatory Hand Sanitising on arrival, departure and between activities
- Zoned areas to limit congestion around the site and reduce contact. Young people will be given a wristband to ensure they are in the correct cohort.
- Cleaning protocols for equipment and toilets will be in place
- Sharing transport is discouraged and families are asked to make their own way to QCW. If using taxi’s/public transport, please wear a face covering and ensure good hand hygiene.
- Contact details captured during booking process will be retained for at least 21 days to aid with track and trace if required by Public Health England.
- Young people with additional needs are welcome on the activity sessions. Please let us know of any relevant additional needs when you book on. Carers for young people with complex needs who require one to one care are also welcome but also need to book on separately for track and trace.
Young people must not attend if:
- They have been in contact with any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID- 19 in the last 14 days.
- Been instructed to isolate by UK government Covid-19 tracing service
- Have signs of a fever or elevated temperature.
- Have a new or persistent cough.
- Experiencing any new respiratory issues.
- Experienced a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell.
- Are required to quarantine after returning from abroad.
What to wear/bring
- Please come wearing suitable outdoor clothing, strong shoes, waterproofs and a Scout Necker. A lightweight backpack would also be useful to store your stuff in.
- Please bring your own labelled water bottle if you think you might need a drink as well as a snack.
- Please bring some marshmallows and digestive biscuits wrapped in foil if you want to make s’mores. N.B. Young people must take their own waste home with them.
- Please either print your e-ticket or send it to your young persons’ phone if they have one for contactless check-in
- Scout and adult participants must also bring with them a face covering and it would be useful for those in the Scout section to have a miniature bottle of hand sanitiser on their person as well. Face coverings and personal hand sanitiser is not required for Beavers and Cubs.