District Open Shoot Session – Cubs Only 2019/11
November 2 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm£3.75
The Target Sports ASU are running an “Open Shoot” session which any Cub Scout can participate in. The idea behind the sessions are to give young people in the district the opportunity to have a taster of the activity. If interested they can attend the shoot regularly and train for the upcoming District and County Shooting competitions.
There will be 5 one hour sessions run throughout the day:
- 09:15am – 10:15am (arrive 9am)
- 10:30am – 11:30am (arrive by 10:15am)
- 11:45am – 12:45pm (arrive by 11:30am)
- 1:45pm – 2:45pm (arrive 1:30pm)
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm (arrive by 2:45pm)
Each session can accommodate 6 Cub Scouts. Each person will be limited to one time slot in order to give as many people as possible an opportunity to take part.
Shooting will take place from a distance of 6 yards using o.177 air rifle.
Who Can Attend?
Any Cub Scout from the District. You can come alone and make some new friends or with some friends from the same troop/unit. There is no requirement for you to bring a leader with you but they are of course welcome.
What To Wear/Bring
Comfortable clothing but if you’d like to wear a necker we’ll be wearing ours!
Permission to Shoot
In order for your young person to participate you must complete:
- A Fire Arms Act Section 21 declaration and permission to shoot form (if this is not provided then they cannot participate as this is a legal requirement); and
- Details of any medication or conditions which the Range Staff should be aware of, i.e. effect their ability to shoot , be affected by shooting or take instruction(s) from the Range Staff.
You can provide this by completing:
- Preferably through the secure online form* here: https://bookings.mwscouts.org/shooting-permission/ (no need to bring a hardcopy on the day); or
- download, print off a hard copy and bring on the day of: